Tuesday 10 March 2015

Maybelline Superstay 24hr review


I'm a massive Maybelline fan so was really excited when I brought these a few months ago and have managed to wear them a few time, unfortunately because I have been crazy busy I haven't been able to share what I thought of them until today. I've used a few of their superstay products before and absolutely loved them so was extremely excited to try my new two out.


prune plaisir.
2015/01/img_1786.jpgI'm actually in love with this one. It is part of their bold matte collection and the finish is gorgeous. In the tube the colour looks really purple which is what attracted me to it but when I applied it to my lips the purple colour had a pinkish tone to it, this did not bother me as it is another purple to add to my collection. The next time i wore this colour I applied one coat and then waited for it to dry and then applied a second coat to which the colour became more intense and looked like it does in the tube. This made me very happy as it gives me the versatility to wear it in different ways and with different outfits. The colour has a doe foot applicator which is great for applying the inner colour. I personally would unload some product on to the back of the hand first and use a brush to line the lip before using the applicator to apply to the lips. As you can see in this picture I have just applied the product using the doe foot applicator and the doing so I have ended with a wonky line. The colour is distributed evenly over the lip and the balm you apply after is super hydrating.


Tangerine pop.
2015/01/img_1789.jpg
This is part of the ultimate red range to which they do a lovely variety of reds with all different tones to them. The same as the prune plasir one it looks so different in the tube but unlike the prune plasir I am disappointed with this one. I love orangey red lip colours and with a name like tangerine pop and the colour you see in the tube you would think that is what it would be but no! Don't get me wrong I do like the colour and will still be wearing it but I just wish it was as vibrant as it looks in the tube. It has the doe foot applicator and like the others I think I will be unloading some on to the back of my hand and using with a brush make sure I have a nice line to which I will then fill in the colour using the applicator. My main problem I had with this one is one application doesn't give a great intensity, to get the coverage and intensity in the picture I had two applications. 










Overall I love the long wear of these products but they can be quiet drying if you don't apply the balm quiet frequently. I would recommend anyone who likes going out and partying this should be a complete must!! As its non transferable which is perfect as you don't have to worry about keep reapplying especially after a few drinks. What makes it even better is that you can by the balm seperate as well which saves you having to carry the long tube out and about with you!!
Let me know what you think of the products and what's your fav colours!


Lots of love


Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment